Problem converting footnotes to endnotes

Hi,

I've been working on a Mac Word document using Zotero footnotes, but I'd now like to convert all to endnotes. I've tried to do this using the usual 'convert all footnotes to endnotes' button on Inert- Footnote... box, but when I press 'Apply' nothing happens. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!
  • Don’t use the built in Word function. Instead, change from Endnotes to Footnotes in the Document Preferences window in the Zotero tab in Word.
  • Thanks, that makes sense. But I've tried to do it and it comes up with the message 'Zotero has experienced an error in updating the document, do you want to see trouble shooting advice?' In addition to my Zotero footnotes, I have also added some by hand using the usual Word 'Insert Footnote'. Is this what is causing the problem perhaps?
  • @bwiernik -- any particular reason you're recommending doing this through Zotero? I always use the built-in Word function to convert FN--> EN and vice versa and that certainly should work (Zotero footnotes are just regular footnotes)

@MirandaKaufmann -- could you try this in a document with a single Zotero footnote and one non-Zotero one? If it works there, I'd try https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/debugging_broken_documents -- I'm not even sure this is a Zotero problem; might just be a broken Word footnote.

• Right, I've now managed to convert the Zotero footnotes to endnotes using Document preferences in the Zotero tab, but my Word footnotes are still footnotes, and refuse to be converted using the Word function.

As at this stage I'm trying to do this just to print out fewer pages of a 69 page doc, does anyone know is there's a 1 click way of removing all citations from a Word Doc?

(though I will still need a solution to the first problem at some point!)

Thanks!