logging in via mac/firefox3.0.11 or ubuntu/firefox3.5

I have a Mac running Tiger, firefox 3.0.11 and zotero 2.0b5. I can do everything I need to do, most importantly sync.

I have a new PC running ubuntu, firefox 3.5 and zotero 2.0b6. I tried the 'reset' thing to pull sync'd stuff down to the ubuntu box, but I keep getting 'invalid login/password'.

I've triple-checked everything; the login and password are correct.

Any advice?

Cheers.
Fil Salustri
  • Upgrade to 2.0b6.2.
  • For future reference, though, it's worth noting that you don't need to use Restore from Server to pull stuff down into a fresh library. Unless you've synced previously to a different account, you can just enter your username/password and click sync. All "Restore from Server" does is delete the local database and perform a regular sync.
  • Thanks for the note on restoring.

However, no joy on logging in. Even with 2.0b6.2, I still get invalid login/password error.

Any other ideas?

Cheers.
    Fil
  • Logging in to what? Syncing, you mean? Restoring?

If syncing, then there's a pretty good chance your username and password simply aren't correct. Note that you need to enter your username, not your e-mail address.
  • Fixed!
    Yes, I'm afraid I was using my email address instead of my user name. This is confusing. Most other services I subscribe to will accept either. Now, of course, I'll never forget this feature, but perhaps you can tweak a future version to accept either email or user ID?
    Thanks for your help!
    Cheers.
    Fil
  • We're planning to do that. Thanks.