feature request (notification popup)

Hello,
I've noticed something in my workflow that I'd like to discuss for an eventual feature to add.

Basically if a pdf is open in the editor (e.g. Acrobat) if I right click on it (in zotero) and select Rename File From Parent Metadata it won't do anything (because it can't obviously change the filename since the file is open elsewhere).
The thing is that it also doesn't say anything at all (in zotero) and it happened that it took me a while to realize that I was supposed to close the file editor before trying to rename the file in zotero.

Would it be possible to add a notification in zotero saying something on the line "can't edit if file is open" ?

Now that I'm writing it, it sounds silly but sometimes the pdf file is not open directly in front of me on the screen so I don't even realize it is open. If there was an immediate popup notification I'd recognize straight away what to do.

To add context: it happens when I import pdf files for which zotero can't find metadata online so I manually create parent items and have to insert the metadata manually

Thank you