Does Zotero work with Word 365?

The latest version of Word 2010 no longer works with Zotero. I am about to purchase Office 365 but would like to know if Word 365 is (or may soon be) compatible with Zotero. Thanks.
  • The latest version of Word 2010 no longer works with Zotero.
    Why do you say that?

You can see the system requirements page for current compatibility. As it says there, Zotero should work with Word 2010-2019 or Office 365, excluding Word 2010 Starter Edition.
  • Thanks for your reply. I did try to add the Zotero plug-in to Word 2010 (Office Home and Student suite) but could not activate it du to some macro issue. So I got in touch with Microsoft. I was just told by their online technical support team that I would no longer be able to add the plug-in to the very latest version of Word 2010. I don't know what the truth is (unfortunately I'm no expert).
  • They don't provide support for Zotero, so don't worry about what they said.

What exactly is the error message you're receiving, and when are you receiving it?
  • Thanks again. I manually copied Zotero.dotm into Word’s startup. Next, when I launch Word, I get a “security alert – macros” yellow bar. It provides a link to the “Trust Center” >> Trust Center settings. My guess is that there is some issue regarding macro setting, since the Zotero plug-in (afaik) is a macro. But I’m not sure how to complete the job (whatever it is I should do).
  • Under Trusted Locations in the Trust Center is your Word startup folder listed?
  • Yes, it is. Anyway, I "rummaged" around quite a lot. And today the Zotero tab appeared in Word 2010. I don't know exactly how I did it. But it is working fine now. Thanks for your help!