Methods for citing an online Collection?

Greetings,

What are the recommended methods for citing an online collection?

By collection I mean like an online exhibit, or a Museum Collection. Software like Omeka is geared towards exhibits and collection presentations. So, it is more than a web-page, and I don't see a "collection" type in Zotero, even if it mapped to another item type...
  • In bibliographic terms, this would still seem like a website to me, or what information would be missing in a standard citation?
    There has been some talk about citing exhibitions and their catalogs (though with a focus on physical exhibitions), not sure to what extent that'll happen.
  • My first thought was that it was a website too. But then there wasn't any clear way to indicate that it was a curated collection, or the other kinds of collection metadata that would form a collection citation. If the host institution does not use semantic URLs then the idea that the website is a collection (or the online part of a mixed mode collection) isn't made clear with the website metadata. It is a similar case to a journal article (especially an electronic publication only article in a journal without pagination). Just because a journal article has a URL, does that make it a web-page and therefore a website?
  • Can you give an example of what you would like the citation to look like?
  • Any news on Zotero implementing an "Exhibition" tab for curators and art historians?