error: Cannot change existing 'md5' to null

edited May 31, 2019
report ID: 1413222497
debug ID: D603661577

no idea what happened but I've just setup webdav. looks like everything worked fine but now I have this error and it won't let me update when I click on the green arrow
  • edited May 31, 2019
    ok it looks like there'a conflict between 2 items. However the 2 items in conflict are not the same..? I've found a folder with lots of empty pdfs. Deleted them all, including the folder. Still same error (on my windows app, on my mac everything seems fine)

Reinstalled Zotero, nothing changed, still same error and no sync.
  • Sorry about that. Should be fixed now.
  • ok thank you.
    I have a question: because of this issue I've deleted some stuff but maybe I've deleted some useful pdfs.
    Since I have a backup of the whole zotero data folder (before the error happened), If I re-upload it to my webdav cloud storage would that restore everything correctly?
    Thanks
  • It's not really about WebDAV, and you can't manually re-upload things to WebDAV. If you deleted items in Zotero, you would need to restore those, and the file part would happen automatically. See Restoring your Zotero library from a backup and the section after that.
  • ok so just to make sure I understand:
    - on laptop 1: I move the backup zotero folder in the current data folder (and eventually rename the old one)
    - zotero is synced with webdav so it will automatically sync and update the folder in my cloud storage
    - on laptop 2: I just start zotero and it will sync and update through webdav automatically
  • No, you need to follow the next section as well — about Restore to Online Library — or else Zotero will simply pull down and reapply the deletions you made since the backup.
  • ok thanks. but I don't understand if I should do the same for both laptops? I've done the backup locally and restore file online and it seems fine. On my second laptop, should I also do the same or will it just update itself correctly with the cloud storage through webdav?
  • No, on the second laptop you can just sync.
  • ok thank you very much, everything seems ok now.