259597637 report

edited May 30, 2019
I am trying to restore the online library to my desk top vesion that I recovered from the hard drive due to an group error. I am getting the above error code.

report:
JavaScript Error: "Cannot change 'mtime' directly in group library" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync/syncEngine.js" line: 1305}]

[JavaScript Error: "Error 400 for item FPDUAYX2 in CART:

ZoteroObjectUploadError: Cannot change 'mtime' directly in group library"]

[JavaScript Error: "Cannot change 'mtime' directly in group library" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync/syncEngine.js" line: 1305}]

[JavaScript Error: "Error 400 for item MH5VFCKH in CART:

[JavaScript Error: "Cannot change 'mtime' directly in group library" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync/syncEngine.js" line: 1305}]

[additional errors removed — D.S.]

version => 5.0.66, platform => MacIntel, oscpu => Intel Mac OS X 10.14, locale => en-US, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 5.0.66, extensions => Zotero LibreOffice Integration (5.0.14.SA.5.0.66, extension), Zotero Word for Mac Integration (5.0.18.SA.5.0.66, extension), Shockwave Flash (32.0.0.192, plugin)
  • edited May 30, 2019
    i reset the file sync history and still can't override the .org library and load my desk top library. Still getting mtime error. Now the online library has been emptied of all the previous documents [must have been done during the failed overwrite] . Now i get 1520266407.

[JavaScript Error: "Error 400 for item 5PALSSJ9 in CART:

[JavaScript Error: "Error 400 for item 684XAE8P in CART:

[additional errors removed — D.S.]
  • please help asap. This is critical. We are right in the middle of a huge systematic review with 4 organizations and I'm a bit panicked with this data loss. No one else can work.
  • edited May 30, 2019
    What happened originally that caused you to use Restore to Online Library?

Can you provide a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) for a sync attempt that produces an error?
  • Hi dstillman. it was an error by another member of the group that corrupted the entire systematic review integrity. I back up hourly and was trying to go back to the day before the issue to reconstitute. I followed all the directions. However, I also exported all the new folders with material added after that date that I knew we needed and was trying to import all that in so i could overwrite zotero . org and then start syncing. I do not know what debugging is. I am sorry. I will try to figure that out and post it for you. I did post above the entire error message if that helps
  • I linked to Debug ID instructions.
  • Actually, no need for a Debug ID for now. Install the latest Zotero beta and sync again with that, which will hopefully fix this. Once you've synced successfully, you should be able to switch back to the main version.
  • Thank you dstillman. The beta worked. I was able to reconstitute the file, and then imported in all the updates. There are a zillion duplicates and unfiled items. My fault because I didn't want to individually resolve the 21,000 conflicts. FYI, one thing the beta doesn't do [that the released version does] is only add "additional" files when dragging one file to another. The beta adds everything, so one ends up with a lot of duplicates. In any event, thank you for your help. Much appreciated.
  • FYI, one thing the beta doesn't do [that the released version does] is only add "additional" files when dragging one file to another.
    Not sure what you mean there, but there are no changes like that in the beta. Whatever behavior you're describing exists in the released version as well.

It's not clear to me what you did here, but if you export and import into a library that already has those items, you'll get duplicates.