Uploaded Word file data missing

Hello,

I am struggeling with an issue regarding to a zotero. I tragged my accidently one work file to zotero. Then it asked questions, but for my mistake i didnt read it and just clicked ok. Then somehow i found out that this origibal word file is missing from desktop folder. It created a folder from my work and inside was only docx.rdf file and it was only 1 kb large. When i click on that file it wont do nothing. Its like my work is tottally missing. I cant find it anywhere. When i use my search engine in C-disk and i search for the name of my work then it also cant find my original word document. I also looked in word history and there is now only zoteros docx.rdf file. Its like zotero has deleted this word file data totally. Is there anyone who has been in the same situation or does somebody know where i can find my original document.
  • Can you see the file you dragged to Zotero in Zotero itself?

It's a little hard to understand what happened here, especially without the initial messages -- typically Zotero wouldn't delete a file you drag to it locally and it also wouldn't just create an RDF file without exporting, so a lot of weirdness here.
  • edited May 26, 2019
    Hello,

Thank you for your response. There is now only 1kb .rdf fail in zotero and in the folder as well. Documents name is the same as the previous original word document. When opening a file it only shows weird html code:

Thank you
  • edited May 26, 2019
    In some reason it wont show html code here
  • Wrap the code in <code> </code> tags
  • edited May 27, 2019
    That's an empty RDF file.

But let's back up. If you drag a Word file to Zotero, it will just copy the file as an attachment, intact, and it won't delete the original. So you'll need to either find the original Word file or, if you think you somehow deleted that, search in Zotero for a copy of the .docx file. I have no idea what the folder or "docx.rdf" file you're describing are, but those don't sound like things that Zotero creates.

If you can remember what the message you saw said, we might be able to tell you more, but basically, from what you're describing I don't think this really has much to do with Zotero. Zotero doesn't do any of the things you're describing.