word plugin: search only one folder

Hi all,

I have multiple folders within my zotero with thematically sorted references. When using the Zotero plug-in for Microsoft Word, I would like to be able to search only one of those folders when doing the citation insertion so that it's easier to find the references. Is this possible?

Sorry if this issue is discussed elsewhere. Thanks in advance for your time!
  • For now, the best way to do this is to click the Z icon and open the Classic View. (You can also make that the default from the Cite pane of the preferences, though we don't recommend that.)

This is a common request, so we're planning to integrate some of the browsing features of the classic view into the default Quick Format (red bar) dialog in a future release.
  • This would be a very, very useful addition to your excellent citing package.

I'm working on multiple papers all the time, and being able to see results only from a certain collection is a HUGE time-saver.

Thanks
  • 100000000000% agree with @pdcitations and @Matthew_Chalkley. I have about 30 different folders and the default behavior of "quick format" is making it impossible to find the correct citation. The classic view is very kludgy, especially when selecting multiple citations at once.

(To the developers: Thanks for all you all do! I recommend Zotero to everyone I collaborate with!)
  • edited April 25, 2022
    I would prefer to be able to select multiple documents directly in the classic dialog and add them to the citation box on the right, rather than adding one document at a time to the citation box on the right side of the classic dialog. Just like ENDNOTE does.

I don't know if this is possible. If it were possible, zotero would surpass ENDNOTE in every way.