Using Mac With Two Users AND Two Zotero Users -Tangled Identities Problem

Hello,
I'm using Zotero standalone for Mac, 5.0.66, sending data to Zotero via Chrome and Firefox. This Mac has a different user (we switch Mac users to our different "sides" of the machine when each of us uses it). The other user has a separate Zotero identity and database. This hasn't been a problem, until now. And I did find a workaround, but still.

I realized the problem existed when I tried saving items to Zotero and they weren't showing up in my Zotero database. I then realized that it was saving to the other users Zotero database instead. I switched to the other user's "side" of the computer, and Zotero was running on that side. When I quit Zotero there, and then switched back to my "side" of the computer, quit out of Zotero stand alone and relaunched, I was able to fix the problem.

Perhaps that's the only, or the easiest, answer: before we switch sides/users, each of us should make sure to quit Zotero standalone on our side. Is there another solution to re-orient Zotero to the correct database?

Thanks,
Sam Diener