How to deal with inconsistency of downloaded bibtex entry?

Let me give an example to show that I mean. Please note that this may be not a zotero problem.

When I use zotero connector to extract bibtex entries and pdfs to zotero, the same conference in different year may have different style of bibtex entries. This is likely due to the inconsistency of the database (IEEE). For example, in the conference name part,
1. IEEE INFOCOM 2018 - IEEE Conference on Computer Communications
2. IEEE INFOCOM 2017 - IEEE Conference on Computer Communications
3. IEEE INFOCOM 2016 - The 35th Annual IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications
4. Computer Communications (INFOCOM), 2015 IEEE Conference on

You see, the inconsistency is very obvious. This will cause a problem when I cite papers has inconsistent field.

Therefore, my question is whether there is good practice to make the fields be consistent.
  • I don't know how important it is that these appear in a unified way in citations -- presumably the citation is clear either way -- but in general it's a good idea to keep the information in Zotero cleaned up & check after import that an item looks right. There are currently no easy batch operations for this, though, so you'll have to manually fix this after importing.
  • Thanks for your reply, I guess maybe I have to fix them manually.

Just curious, is it possible to make zotero connector download pdf from official database (e.g., IEEE), and download bib data from other database like https://dblp.org/, therefore, we can have consistent bib information.