Zotero doesn't export full library collection

In my collection I have 606 items as shown in the zotero gui interface. Each item has at least one pdf. In the end I expect to have >= 606 pdfs exported instead only 596 are exported.
Looking at the exported .bib file only 506 elements are exported from 606. Any ideas what's going on here?
  • Bibtex would not exports 1) Standalone notes and 2) Top level files, not attached to Zotero items. Are you sure you have none of those?
  • 1) Standalone notes --> positive about that all notes belong to a parent item
    2) there aren't any top level items such as e.g. pdfs not assigned into a parent item

In essence I have 606 parent items(article, journal, presentation, etc.) which contain pdfs and some of them notes as well
  • On another note is there any possibility to expand or contract all items at once?
  • Hit the +/- keys while having an item in the middle panel selected.

How exactly are you selecting the items for export (i.e. do you right-click on a collection, on my Library, use select all in the middle panel, something else)?
  • How exactly are you selecting the items for export (i.e. do you right-click on a collection, on my Library, use select all in the middle panel, something else)?

All of the above
    1) Tried right click on My Library --> export library
    2) right click on the collection --> export collection
    3) selected all items in the middle pane --> export items

All of them give the same end result--> missing items in .bib file and pdfs
  • How about if you try exporting to another format -- say RIS? Same result?

If so, I don't think there's an alternative to troubleshooting this by trying to find specific items & files that aren't exported.
  • Ok I figured it out. It seems that in one of the items there was the same pdf added multiple times after removing it now things seem to be exported correctly, dunno though why that would cause problems, it seems like some kind of malfunction.