Translator re-requests when using Connector

Using FF connector with Zotero 5.0.55 in a closed environment (can't upgrade rn). I am noticing the following behavior: when I use a translator and capture a source, Zotero is always re-requesting the URL to re-download from the source's URL, rather than using the DOM object that is already in Firefox like it used to in v4. After some tracing and digging through the source, it seems to me that this is the expected behavior. From xpcom/translation/translate.js:

// Don't save documents as documents in connector, since we can't pass them around
if((Zotero.isConnector || Zotero.isServer) && attachment.document) {
attachment.url = attachment.document.documentURI || attachment.document.URL;
attachment.mimeType = "text/html";
delete attachment.document;
}

Can someone verify that this is always the case, regardless of the translator logic/flags/item types that I use?

It's important to me because sometimes my sources are AJAX'y and don't do well in this scenario.

Thanks
  • That is correct. Right now the translators should be able to translate the page loaded from the URL with both JS enabled and disabled.
  • Thanks. Yeah, but some of my sources have some pretty tricky JS that seems to be misfiring in the hidden browser somehow. Nbd, I will find another way. Just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing a way to use the already-downloaded DOM.