Newly downloaded Zotero not functioning

Hi guys,
I have installed Zotero and Zotfile, and had it working great for a couple of months. Now my colleague wanted to put it on her computer as well. We have the same computer (PC) running the same version of Windows etc. She uses Chrome, I use Firefox. Her PC is about 3 years old but otherwise we are not aware of any differences. I don't think she did anything differently when installing Zotero or the connector or Zotfile...

When she drags a pdf into Zotero (either into My Library or the main panel) the pdf stays there but:
1. It doesn't get renamed
2. It gives an error that it cannot import metadata from the pdf (so doesn't populate any fields like author, year, publication etc.)
3. No mother-child sort of structure is automatically created the way it is supposed to.

I don't know how to help her. We have no IT support who are familiar with Zotero. Can anyone offer some tips? We have tried uninstalling everything and reinstalling it all. We have not tried rebooting her machine completely (is this necessary?)

Cheers!
  • Is she getting an error about her network connection at Zotero startup?

We'd want to see a Debug ID from Zotero for adding a file, if she's able to submit one.

If not, see Connection Error.
  • We just realised we didn't create a Zotero account for her. (facepalm!) We tried that but when we tried to add her account and synchronise to it, it just sits there spinning and spinning and nothing happens.
  • See above for the debug info dstillman would need.