Citing a public hearing, strange output in footnote

Hi all --
I am using the Hearing Item Type
In title I put the title of the hearing (In the matter of: Finger Lakes LPG Storage, LLC Public Hearing)
Committee: Office of Hearings and Mediation Services
Place: Watkins Glen High School Auditorium
Publisher: Alliance Court Reporting, inc.
# of Volumes: 2
Document Number: Volume II
Pages: 271
Legislative Body: New York State Department of Environmental Conservation
Date: November 3, 2011

I am getting the following output: “In The Matter Of: Finger Lakes LPG Storage, LLC Public Hearing,” Pub. L. No. Volume II, § Office of Hearings and Mediation Services, 271 (2011).

There were multiple hearings in this matter on multiple dates, with its own volume. This is an administrative proceeding not a Public Law. The agency name does not come out either.

What do I need to do to get it to cite correctly?
  • I'm afraid there isn't that much you can do -- CSL doesn't have a type for hearing and maps it to bill, with the consequences you're seeing.

You could see if citing it as a case works better?
  • Ok will try... also just a curiosity... if CSL doesn't have this type, why is it listed as a type?
  • Because Zotero and CSL are different and don't have the same history & development process. There are on the reverse also CSL types without equivalent in Zotero such as dataset and review.
  • Ahh... good to know...
  • If you need to cite a lot of these, then trying Juris-M, a third-party version of zotero with expanded legal item support, might be useful. Otherwise, I personally enter hearings as Presentation, which works fine for most styles.
  • @bwiernik Thank you for your suggestion. Since I only have two or three of these documents to cite, I will try your presentation trick.

Do you have any suggestions on what to put where? I am working in CMOS
  • How do you want the reference to look?
  • (I was thinking case because of the "In Re:" type structure, but could be totally off with that)
  • edited May 7, 2019
    I was thinking that something like this would be appropriate: (not entirely sure)

Public Hearing in the Matter of: Finger Lakes LPG Storage, LLC. LPG Storage Facility. Before the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation Office of Hearings and Mediation Services, Volume II, November 3, 2011. Watkins Glen, New York. https://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/legal_protection_pdf/transcript110311.pdf