cannot edit bibliography

Good day
Please my you assit with my problem of not being able to edit my bibliography. I am not using the online zotero, it is the stand alone.
My bibliography appears in my word document, however when i click on the tab to add/edit bibliography" my refernces are not in the column in the extreme right (as they had previously been).
I tried to manually add them from the left colum to the right- even in sequence with my refernce list in my document- and they were added in their own sequence.

my research supervisor had edited my protocol on 29th, i tried to work on my protocol after that on a computer without zotero word plugin. shoot would that have caused this problem?
  • If you or your research supervisor edited the document and saved it in a different format, that could've broken all the Zotero citations.

If you insert a new bibliography, does it create one with all the citations in your document?
  • hi thanks for getting back to me so soon
    so I think I was at fault for manualy editing the references in my word document and saving that document (that ms word didnt have the zotero add in),
    when i would "cite" an new point it would edit the document by striking out all my previous refernce list on ms word. there was only one item still in the bibliography.

so yesterday after send a message to you, i finally managed to get the zotero add in on the computer. i then struggled with a few things trying torecover the bibliography.....i then pressed "refresh" and thankfully the reference list was restored and i was able to edit the bibliography appropriately.

all is sorted.
    thank you.