Creating a Glossary

Hi everybody,
first of all, hopefully my questions wasn't answered already (i used the search, but "glossary" is a very often used term).

Do you use Zotero for creating your own Glossary (to have a overview of terms + explanation + where to find the explanation)? I thought about creating a new Collection and adding Standalone Notes for each Glossary entry and setting these in relation to my literature.
Is there an easier or more convenient way?

The Glossary is only for my personal use, to quickly look up terms.

Thanks for your help and advice.
Best regards,

Ben
  • Zotero isn’t really designed for that, but you could definitely make it work. You might consider entering the terms as Dictionary Entry, putting the term as the title, the explanation as the abstract, and then using Related Items to connect to sources. This would be easier to search compared to Standalone Notes.
  • Thank you for your tip bwiernik. That sounds very interesting and I will definitely do so.
    Is there any possibility to connect to a certain page in a pdf source?
  • Easiest If you use the Zotfile plugin. Attach the PDF to the Dictionary Entry item, then highlight the text you want to link to in the PDF. Then use Zotfile’s Extract Annotations feature to extract the highlighted text and a link into a Zotero note.
  • That is a good idea. Link the pdf + extract the text.
    Thank you so much for your help!