New to Zotero, new Macbook Air, Chrome connector not working

Hi,

Apologies as this is probably a duplicated topic, but I'm new to Zotero and can't understand the replies to the other questions about it that have been posted.

Previously I was able to successfully use Zotero with the Chrome connector on my older (2012) Macbook Pro. I had only just started using it then had to update my laptop for uni and now that I'm starting over I can't seem to add anything to my Zotero library. I've uninstalled the connector and reinstalled it. I'm still using Chrome as my browser.

Please help!

Thanks, Amelia
  • You'd have to say more about how this is failing: No button, button does nothing, button throws error, something else?

In all but the first case https://www.zotero.org/support/troubleshooting_translator_issues applies.
  • Hi Adam,

Button does nothing. Looking through the list of troubleshooting options there doesn’t seem to be anything I could try. Everything is brand new and up to date.

I’m only running Chrome (which works best for my online study portal) and the connector is up to date, though I did try uninstalling and reinstalling just in case.
  • Please follow all the steps. If you run through them all, you'll be providing more info.