Red citing box does not appear

Hi! I just downloaded zotero for the first time and started using it in google docs. The first 4 citations worked out fine but then the program stopped responding. When i click the zotero button and "add citation", a red box should appear where you type the name of the article etc, but this box does not appear anymore. I only get shuffled back to my library window. Furthermore, I can't add a bibliography or change the citations. I restarted my computer which allowed me to do one more citation, but then the problem arised again. Thankful for help! :)
  • Check if the box is just hidden? There are scenarios under which the selector would be behind the browser window. It appears together with the main Zotero window (you can use alt+tab to cycle through all open windows)
  • I have checked all of my windows but I can't find it anywhere. The zotero program window is behind safari and this is were I get shuffled back to when I try to make a new citation. The red box appeared there the first few times but now it just doesn't pop up anywhere
  • If you click the Zotero icon in the Dock and then type Cmd+`, does the box appear?
  • No it doesn't :(
  • And just to be clear, you have the Zotero app running when you try to insert a citation?
  • If Zotero pops up, it looks like something doesn't work there. A debug ID from Zotero: https://www.zotero.org/support/debug_output#zotero for trying to insert a citation would be helpful.
  • Yeah I have the Zotero program running on my computer while trying to cite so that's not the problem (unfortunately). Okay thanks, I will try that :)
  • D1024964516
  • When you use Zotero integration with Google Docs ensure that you do not close or navigate away in the tab where you have the document open. The Debug ID shows that the last thing Zotero tried to do was to select a manually modified citation in the document and ask you whether you wanted to keep the changes. In that case you need to interact with the prompt in the document before Zotero can proceed.