Indexing unindexed items

I've imported a bulk of pdf's from my database folder, and Zotero automatically retrieved metadata from the files.

But the metadata couldn't be extracted for some pdf's for which found out to be 'unindexed'.

Neither 'rebuild index' >'index unindexed' option nor clicking green refresh button for certain item didn't make any change.

My pdf's are plain text files, not scanned images.

How can I deal with the problem?

see for example : Debug ID : D1490673974

BTW, I have a single database folder(in Google drive folder) which contains pdf's; some of them are already imported in Zotero as an attatchment and some are not. Is there a way to select only the unimported ones and import them into Zotero?
  • [JavaScript Error: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Zotero\pdfinfo.exe returned exit status 1" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/utilities_internal.js" line: 516}]
    Something on your system — likely security software — is preventing the PDF indexing tools from running.
  • hmm that's discouraging... No candidate program come up to my mind since I use no security software but Windows defender.

How about 'BTW~' thing? Do you have any idea?
  • I don't have any suggestions, sorry. This obviously works for most people, so it's something specific to your system. You can try uninstalling and reinstalling Zotero to see if that helps.
  • I'm now importing ~2000more items right now.. I'll try next time. Thank you for your kind response