Question: Zotero Certificate Error

I am unable to sync Zotero on my work computer with my online account due to an invalid security certificate; I'm affiliated with a medical center. If I send the instructions for Security certificate errors in Zotero, https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/cert_override, to my medical center's IT department, would they be able to create an override for the entire network, or would a certificate override only fix the problem on my computer? I work in a library with a computer lab, and ideally, I'd like Zotero to work on all of these computers. Thank you!
  • That depends. Assuming they're going to continue to intercept secure traffic network-wide, the fix would need to be made at the computer level, not the network level, but if all lab computers use the same image and Zotero is preinstalled, it would be possible to initialize a Zotero profile for each user with the department's custom root certificate authority. But the specifics really depend on the setup.
  • I am experiencing the same problem at my medical center. @adinkelman were you able to get this issue sorted out? Thank you.
  • @phmulugeta: There's nothing specific to a medical center here. The page linked above describes how to work around this, whatever kind of environment you're in.