Suggestion "interval sync option" & Zotero Error Report ID: 1028726921

I experienced an error message stating "obj.toJSON is not a function". Whatever that was, it seems that the sync function is currently working again.

Would it be possible to have an interval sync option as a middle way between continuous sync and manual sync?
  • If you see the toJSON error again, we'd want to see a Debug ID for a sync attempt that produces that.
  • Haven't seen the JSON error but I get occasionally the following error.

>> "Too many sync attempts -- stopping" <<

This is not critical but some form of interval sync option could help with that.
  • This doesn't have anything to do with sync frequency. Both of these messages indicate that some unexpected error has occurred, and we'd need a Debug ID to say more. Normal syncing just works.
  • But I cannot reproduce these errors reliably. The "Too many sync attempts -- stopping" error sometimes appears, when I am still working on an entry while zotero is already happily syncing away. Sometimes also only a window opens and wants me to choose between the local and server version of an entry I am working on. As mentioned, these problems only occur sporadically. When I find a way to reproduce them systematically, I am happy to provide a Debug ID then.

On a different note, thanks for your work on zotero. =)
This discussion has been closed.