(juris-m) tagselector undefined

I keep getting the following run-time error after a build from source of Juris-M without errors. I have tried a clean (docker) build environment as well, but get the exact same message.
Does anyone have a suggestions on the cause and/or possible solutions?

Zotero.TagSelector is undefined

TypeError: Zotero.TagSelector is undefined
ZoteroPane</this.initTagSelector@chrome://zotero/content/zoteroPane.js:1103:4
ZoteroPane</this.initContainers@chrome://zotero/content/zoteroPane.js:259:3
ZoteroPane</this.makeVisible<@chrome://zotero/content/zoteroPane.js:400:3
From previous event:
ZoteroStandalone</this.onLoad@chrome://zotero/content/standalone/standalone.js:41:3
@chrome://zotero/content/standalone/standalone.js:497:47

See also Debug id: D1556135245-38273.

• edited April 26, 2019
    The most likely cause would be a missing dependency for the new React-based code in the tag selector that comes in from Zotero. In the Jurism directory, be sure all is up to date with "npm update', then "npm run build", and be sure that the ./build.sh script in zotero-standalone-build is using ../zotero/build as its source dir, and not ../zotero. (The client will build with the latter, but it will be broken in the way you describe.)
  • Thank you for the fast response!
    I will try this and report back.
  • I have run `npm update` and changed config.sh line 38 adding /build: ZOTERO_SOURCE_DIR="$repo_dir"/zotero/build which results in a working build :)

I am trying to add ECLI lookup to Juris-M. It seems to be partly working already but missing some values.
    For European lawyers there is clear benefit, but I think my changes are also somewhat relevant for Zotero users as at this moment a lookup of and ECLI number will be `recognized` as a pubmed id, giving unexpected results.

Is it best to work towards separate pull request for Zotero and Juris-M? Fixing the pubmed regex in Zotero to exclude ECLI and adding ECLI lookup to Juris-M? Thanks for your thoughts!
  • (The command to use is `npm install`, not `npm update`. `npm i` will install the versions from the package-lock.json file. `npm u` will update to theoretically compatible but untested versions.)
  • Just tot check, I have recreated the environment without `npm update`and that works as well. So it was because I was using the wrong directory before.
  • @dstillman: Thanks for this note, Dan - I didn't understand that rather important difference.
  • @mvwestendorp: Probably best to start a separate thread for the ECLI issue in Zotero. Handling in Z would probably be the first thing to resolve, but chez Jurism, ECLI is a very important identifier for law, and I would be happy to take a pull request.