Word errors (no toolbar, error with citations)

Hi

I have been experiencing some problems with the Zotero Word add in. I've reported with Error ID: 1825762674

Sometimes when I open Word the Zotero tab has disappeared from the toolbar, despite showing as enabled in Zotero Add-Ons and Zotero.dotm showing as checked in Developer > Word Add-Ins.

Then, when the tab does come back (I have no idea why - can't work out which of my actions its presence is related to), I can't refresh, add, edit any citations - comes up with another error message. I get the same if I copy the file, or if I copy/paste the text into another Word document (doesn't seem to be one bad citation).

Thanks for any help!
  • Hi

Zotero keeps disappearing from my Word toolbar. I've reported with Error ID: 1825762674

When I open Word, the Zotero tab has disappeared from the toolbar, despite showing as enabled in Zotero Add-Ons and Zotero.dotm showing as checked in Developer > Word Add-Ins. I can use the Zotero functions by going through 'Macros', but just can't get the tab to show.

If I go into Zotero > Edit > Preferences > Word Processors, however, it says neither the Word add-in nor the LibreOffice add-in is installed. If I click 'Install', I receive this error message even when Word is not open: 'Installation could not be completed because an error occurred. Please ensure that Microsoft Word is closed, and then restart Zotero.'

Thanks for any help!
  • What exact Word version?
    Error: Could not remove C:\Users\[…]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Office.Desktop_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\Startup\Zotero.dotm
    If you get the installation error with Word closed then security software on your computer is likely preventing Zotero from installing the plugin into the Word startup folder. See the manual installation instructions.