How to erase files from cloud while keeping them locally?

Hi all, I need some help from more experienced users.
I had a 2gb subscription, but it has expired and I have not renewed it, as I don't really need to sync files.

Now, I am a member of a group, and synced attachments uploaded by other members do not appear on my end. Zotero's help says "If file syncing isn't set up or working properly, or you've reached your online file storage quota, files may be missing on some of your synced computers."

My online file storage quota is at 600%, as after expiring, it has reverted back to the default 300mb. I have disabled file syncing in Preferences > Sync > Settings, but this has not reset my quota.

My question is, how can I delete all the synced files from the cloud without also deleting them on my computer?

Forgive me if it's something really obvious, but so far I have not managed to find such a function.

Thanks!

• Yes. Use "Purge Storage" at the bottom of this page:
    https://www.zotero.org/settings/storage
  • edited April 24, 2019
    Thanks, I knew it would be obvious. :-|

However, I have now purged the cloud storage, but files uploaded by other people in the group library still fail to sync. I get a blue circle in the "attachment" column, rather than a blue dot. When I try to open it, I get the message "The attachment cannot be found".

I followed the instructions in the help page (although they are not very relevant to my case, as there is no "Computer A" and "Computer B" involved) and I did a debug report, which is this one:
    D2124827875

Any ideas? Thanks a lot in advance.

• Presumably the people uploading attachments are using computers, so those would be computer A. You've made sure that the attachments are accessible (not just visible) in the group online?
  • As adamsmith says, there's always a Computer A and a Computer B.

In any case, from your debug output:
    (3)(+0000076): Starting file syncing

(3)(+0000004): File sync is not enabled for My Library

(3)(+0000002): File sync is not enabled for P[…] and D[…] C[…]

(3)(+0000000): Done with file syncing
  • That solves it. Thank you for your answers!