Entries disappear; aren't retrievable

I returned to my research today and discovered that none of my elaborate work of the last day was entered. It disappeared. I am distressed. Did I forget to hit something to save (but I thought this wasn't necessary)? Did Zotero fail me? (I have liked it SO much so far). Is my data lurking somewhere that I can't find.
  • edited September 5, 2007
    We've never encountered a problem like this in months of testing and using the software, but obviously we take a report like this very seriously. Zotero normally saves records automatically as data is entered or edited. We would like to get some more information from you. Did all of your records disappear, or just the ones you entered yesterday? Please let us know what operating system and version you're using, browser version, and available disk space. You can either post the information here or email us directly at support@zot....org.
  • Same problem here. It looks like nothing got saved from last night's session.
  • edited October 31, 2006
    jokull — very sorry to hear that. Are you using the latest version (1.0.0b2.r2) of Zotero? There were some flaws in r1 that could cause this in rare situations after other errors occurred, but we've put in some extra protections in r2 that should prevent this from happening...

If you're still using r1, you can get r2 via the Download button on our home page.

While we're in this beta cycle, it's also a good idea to restart Firefox if you start to experience weird problems in Zotero—items not deleting, interface glitches, etc.—as this helps to reset everything and clear any errors that occurred.
This discussion has been closed.