Sync problems with 2.0b5

I have 2.0b5. My error report is: # 1543808208

My library on my second PC was not updating with my library at work. I tried resetting to the Zotero server but this hasn't worked and I got the error above. (Apologies I can't seem to copy the script).

Any help?
  • Here is the script for my sync error (above), report # 154380208

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [mozIStorageStatement.execute]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/data/collection.js :: anonymous :: line 551" data: no] [ERROR: not an error]' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]"]
  • edited July 2, 2009
    I am experiencing the same problem, similiar setup:
    - desktop works, notebooks ff showing the same error
  • I have a similar problem. In this case my home computer will sync, but my work computer won't. Everything worked correctly when I first entered data into my work computer, but this problem cropped up partway through adding some more data from my home computer. My report ID is 1559644003.
  • I forgot to mention that my home computer is a Mac, and my work computer runs Vista. I tried to "Restore from Server", and that didn't help. I still got a sync error.
  • I also cannot sync: "Error processing uploaded data".

I submitted problem report:
    Firefox 3.0.11
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.11) Gecko/2009060215 Firefox/3.0.11

zotero 2.0b5
  • that was the first time I tried to sync -- now I have:
    cannot make changes to library.
  • I was able to get my work PC synchronizing and connecting to the server again by first copying the entire library from my Mac by FTP.
  • I cannot sync. Get the message "Username not set in Zotero.Sync.Server.login. I logged in just fine.

Also, even though I'm suing Beta 2.0, my Zotero does not show all of the icons in the middle column (like it's an earlier version). Any ideas?
  • I reported the problem with the following ID: 815976191
  • I am able to synch from my Mac, but not from my PC. At first, the PC would have an error with synch, but I was initially able to fix the problem by restoring from the zotero server to my PC. Now I am being told that I have to enter a username and password to restore from server. I have entered and re-entered the username/password combo numerous times but with no luck.

Here's the problem ID: 329319760
  • edited July 5, 2009
    mdobe: http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/7720/restore-to-zotero-server-does-not-work/#Item_4

The next beta should also fix the underlying sync errors you're getting.