Custom cert and Firefox ESR 60

With reference to: "api.zotero.org uses an invalid security certificate"

My organization uses a custom certificate authority and Firefox ESR 60.3 (cert9.db), so I am unable to employ the suggested certificate override procedure described in https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/ssl_certificate_error.

When do you think there will be a version of zotero that supports custom certificates and the new db file?
  • We're still working towards that, so the current recommendation is still to use Firefox 52 ESR in a temporary profile to create the necessary files and move those over.

But while you're here, if this is Windows, what happens if you go to the Config Editor in the Advanced pane of the preferences, set security.enterprise_roots.enabled to true, and then restart Zotero? We haven't tested that, but it should theoretically cause Zotero to use certificates from the Windows certificate store.
  • Thanks for the quick reply. Im a mac-man, so no Windows here. Unfortunately, I cannot install "unapproved" software, so the Firefox ESR 52 suggestion may not work, but Ill put in a request and see what happens (since, I imagine we ran that version at some point).
  • Hi, I would just like to comment that I have Windows and had SSL ceritificate error issues for ages and could not find a fix, and changing security.enterprise_roots.enabled to true in the Config Editor worked perfectly. Thank you!
  • @janabatovska: Great, thanks. We'll set that to true for the next version.