Why do I have trouble with a proxy server? Someone please explain...

First, thanks to the developers of Zotero. It is probably the most useful thing for research since JSTOR.

That said, I'm having difficulty with downloading citations ***and**** PDFs in JSTOR whenever I am off campus. Whenever I am on campus, Zotero works perfectly fine. In JSTOR, I click the `article' icon in the address bar, and the complete citation and full-text PDF file magically appear in my directory.

But when I am off campus and connected through my library proxy server, I am unable to do this, or even use the icon to download citations without the PDF attachment. (I press the icon, and the red citation rectangle comes up blank.) While off campus, but using a library proxy, the only way I am able to import citations is through a direct import of an EndNote citation. --I've tried library proxy servers from 2 different libraries, and I encounter the same problem.

I have not seen anything about this in the documentation. (Am I blind?) Can someone explain why this happens and what I can do to fix it?

Thank you very much!

Whitt