Bug when entering multiple author names (Report ID 938025025)

System: Desktop version of Zotero for Windows (see report ID: 938025025)
Steps to reproduce:
1. Go to add a new journal article (for example)
2. Enter an author's name
3. Click the plus button beside the author's name (+) to add a second author

Expected: A second author name box appears and the cursor focusses on it.
Actual: The cursor moves down to the Abstract field.

Workaround: Click the plus button (+) again. This time it works as expected.

Please could this be fixed? Let me know if you need any more info.
  • NOTE: If you use TAB to go from Author Surname to Author Forename, pressing TAB again will take you to the Abstract field - if you click the plus (+) button now, then the second author row appears as expected. It seems like the second author field only appears after you have navigated to the Abstract field at least once. As the Abstract field is below the author fields, this is just oddly out of order.

Also note: I've added a separate request that the plus (+) button beside author be accessible via the TAB key on the keyboard, as it's frustrating having to use the mouse when filling in this form.

Thanks!
  • It looks like there were some regressions around focusing the creator fields after a recent bug fix. We'll fix this for the next version. Thanks for reporting.
    I've added a separate request that the plus (+) button beside author be accessible via the TAB key on the keyboard, as it's frustrating having to use the mouse when filling in this form.
    Answered there.
  • Wow! Thanks for the fast response.

Also, how on earth did you quote me? I tried markdown blockquote and BB-code [quote], but preview says no...
  • <blockquote></blockquote>
  • Technically, I worked it out just before you posted that... I'm gonna take the credit for working it out for myself, just so y'know... but I'm still impressed and grateful for your help! :D

Thanks again!
  • This bug drives me crazy! thanks for reporting it so effectively!