Moving computers

I had to get a new computer under sudden circumstances so i quickly ripped zotero from my C drive to an external hard drive. i have now migrated computers but am unsure what to do from here. Apologies as I am very unfamiliar with computers. I have a lot of things saved locally but not synced as i was just over my limit. How can I go about re-configuring my zotero on this new computer?
  • Follow the instructions for restoring from a backup here:

https://www.zotero.org/support/zotero_data
  • I found this, Im just not sure whether to place the old directory back into my user folder before downloading again or leave it on the desktop
  • Could you say exactly what part of the instructions you’re confused by?
  • Since you are not familiar with computer, you may consider finding an experienced guy (not me, someone you know) to remotely control your computer and restore everything for you.

Or, since you do not sync anything, keep a save full backup, then you just try as many ways as you like until you get it done. In case you mess up anything, remove them all and redo it. And, in case you are not aware of any auto-syncing, please consider cut off network connection after downloading the installation pack.

Keep a backup before anything! Good luck!