Names of categories in code editor?

edited April 1, 2019
Hi there,

I was wondering if someone had a list of the code editor translations for the various categories.

For instance: If I type in 'pages' on the code editor, it simply does not adopt what I have typed in (e.g. 200) on the regular editor, it does not seem to be a name the code editor identifies or even knows.

The category 'abstract' is identified under 'title-short', so I was wondering whether there are other names for these categories that someone might know of. Or 'report type' is saved under 'genre'.

I hope this is not all too vague.
Thank you very much.
  • Thank you very much! That was of great help :)
  • edited April 4, 2019
    Quick question:

I am trying to use the category 'Series Editor', which the code editor translates into 'collection-editor'. However, if I type it in, nothing happens (i.e. the information added on the visual editor is not taken up). The code editor does not seem to be able to identify the category. Might there be another name for the category 'Series Editor' that anyone knows of?

Thank you very much.
    Best regards,

L
  • Could you share your code (hastebin and post a link here). That way we can see if it's the code or something else.
  • Of course:

layout delimiter="; ''
    group delimiter=" "
    text macro="author-short"/
    text macro="issued" prefix="(" suffix=")"/
    text variable="title" suffix="." font-style="italic" font-weight="bold"/
    text variable="publisher" prefix="Im Auftrag von: " font-weight="bold"/
    text macro="translator" prefix="Methodik: "/
    text variable="collection-editor" prefix="Daten: "/
    text variable="publisher-place" prefix="Ort: "/
    text variable="title-short" prefix="Kurzabstract: "/
    text variable="abstract" prefix="Abstract: "/
    /group
    /layout

The prefix title is always in German, and it generally works, with the exception of the category 'collection-editor' = 'Daten' (English: Data)...

Thank you very much!
  • Names need to be treated differently. You can look in the author macro of the style you're working with for an example, but basically:
    <names variable="collection-editor">
    <name/>
    </names>
  • edited April 8, 2019
    Dear Adam,

Thank you for your quick reply! I have been able to insert the collection editor now, thanks to you...However, Zotero does not allow me to insert a prefix as well, which is something I need to have.

This is what I have done with the macro:

macro name="collection-editor"
    names variable="collection-editor"
    name name-as-sort-order="all" initialize-with="." and="text" delimiter-precedes-last="never"/
    /names
    /macro

And later on:

text macro="collection-editor" /

...I would normally add 'prefix' after the name and then type in the category that I need. Which has always been working just up until now. I do get the data that I have typed in under Series Editor from the Visual Editor, but I am unable to put a title in front of it (normally possible through the prefix option)...

I hope someone can help me with this.
    Thank you very much!

L.
  • What exactly are you trying to get in terms of a formatted citation? Can you show an example?
  • Generally speaking though, the "right" way of doing this is to add
  • Thank you very much to the both of you! It finally worked.
    Have a nice day,

L.