Slow performance / D171469570

Good day.

I am currently using Zotero on my macook air and are experiencing a loss of performance / speed when using "add citation" or when ammending ciations.

Any help and support is appreciated.
  • I don't see an attempt to add a citation in that debug output — it appears to just be for Zotero startup. Can you try again, and generate output only for the insert attempt?

Also, how many citations do you have in the document?
  • Good evening, please check this error 164079806. I added one citation and had to wait and wait ...

thanks for your support.
    Pascal
  • Oh I do have more than 200 citation in my Phd thesis.
  • and one more 627520192
  • Those are Report IDs. For this we'll need a Debug ID like you provided initially.
  • Good day, thanks for teh quick feedback. I hope this Debug ID will help you to locate the issue. D1665954782.

Thanks for teh support.

Pascal
  • (3)(+0005262): Integration: Retrieved 227 fields in 182.992; 1.240491387601644 fields/second
    @adomasven will need to look at this.
  • Yes, this looks unusually slow. Which year MacBook is this? What version of Word are you running (such as 16.21). Did you update Word recently? Does it get better after restarting the computer?
  • Good morning I am running a mac book Air from 2015, 1.6GHZ Intel .... 8GB , the WOrd version is 16.23.

Thanks in advance for your support.

• The performance of the initial one or two citations is typically faster but not always.
  • Please see the following error report, an uncaught exception was reported. Report ID 50565837.

[JavaScript Error: "uncaught exception: 2147500034" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/integration.js" line: 197}]

I sincerely hope that this hint is an advantage for you to resolve the topic.

I used Zotero citations today and it seems that the performance did improve, but unfortunately just for the first 2-3 citations.

Thanks , Pascal
  • and another one 1699585567
  • Does it get better after restarting your computer and without any other apps beside Zotero and Word running?
  • Good morning and a happy Easter to you. I am sitting in front of my Mac but the performance did not really improve. Please see the Debug ID, the time needed to perform was 212 seconds.

D1933155901

Thanks in advance.
  • I did restart again, the performance was like in the good old days. Please review

D109612453
  • Sorry to bother you again, the second citation after the restart was slow again. Please review D1189300710.

Thanks
  • and another one, I made a break for about an hour, the next citation was slow again

D551126695
  • @Pascah Sorry to intrude, but it's not mentioned in the thread so I'll ask. What is your Zotero version?
  • Zotero version is 5.0.66,
    Zotero Word Mac Integration 5.0.18.SA.5.0.66, extension
    Mac OS 10.14

D2006273684 151 seconds after restart
  • Do you run any security software? Does anything else on this Mac run considerably slower than normal aside from Zotero? Does Word feel any more sluggish than usually?
  • I do not run a security software on my Mac. The Performance of Word is slow when the issue with Zotero are occurring.
    Otherwise the Mac works well as well for SPSS and huge excel files.

Hope that helps