Merge old WebDav attachments with new Zotero database

Happy Thursday everyone!

I used to use Box.com to sync my Zotero attachment but it didn't work anymore. On my new computer, I got the error "Attached file could not be found" when I clicked on the citations. How can I link the old database having all the attachments to the current Zotero on my PC? I have downloaded the old database (.prop & .zip files) from Box.com. My plan is to sync both databases first then upload the new one to another WebDAV services such as Koofr or pCloud.

Any suggestion is appreciated. Thanks!
  • edited March 29, 2019
  • edited March 28, 2019
    No, that's not right — there's a .zip for each attachment, and you shouldn't unzip those manually.

@mscmilan, you can just copy the entire folder of .zip and .prop files to the new WebDAV server and point Zotero at the WebDAV path. Once that's set up, Zotero should automatically download any files that are missing locally when you try to open them.

(To be clear, though, they should only be missing locally if you created them on another computer. If you created them on this computer, something happened to your previous data directory.)
  • Thank you guys! Let me try uploading the old database to pCloud and see if everything is back to normal.
  • To be clear, it's not the database that you'd be uploading, just the .zip and .prop files from the previous WebDAV server.
  • Got it. Thanks again
  • I uploaded my old "zotero" folder from Box to pCloud then followed the following guide to setup the new WebDAV. Everything is back to normal now.
    http://guides.lib.berkeley.edu/zotero/sync