Footnotes tab selection is missing in Zotero preferences

Hi, I'm trying to add citation style in numbered format and I'm not able to choose citations appear as numbered format followed by bibliographies. Please help on how to fix. I have latest Zotero for Mac downloaded however I'm not able to see Zotero connector added to my safari browser. Please help out. Thank you in advance.
  • You can't have numbered citations as footnotes -- a style is either numbered (like Vancouver or Nature), with a bibliography corresponding to those numbers at the end of the document, or it uses footnotes (like Chicago Manual).

As for the Safari Connector, have you downloaded the connector (which is separate from Zotero) from https://www.zotero.org/download/ ?
  • I had previous version of Zotero which was working fine. After the latest update I received below message for downloading safari connector. I says installed, still I'm not finding in the browser. It's routing me to apple website and shows below message.

"Zotero Connector
    Bookmarking
    Center for History and New Media
    Automatically senses content as you browse the web and allows you to save it to Zotero with a single click. Zotero is an easy-to-use open-source Mac app to help you collect, organize, cite, and share your research sources.

Installed"

For citations - I understand the styles I can choose from. However, I'm not able to write the document using numbered citations.
  • For citations - I understand the styles I can choose from. However, I'm not able to write the document using numbered citations.
    Sorry, I don't know what you mean by that. In what way are you not able? What happens? Which citation style?

For the Safari connector, that indeed sounds like it's installed. Is it listed under Safari-->Preferences--> Extensions ?
  • For citations, here's what I did - under word document --> go to zotero-> add citations --> inserted from the previous stored files in Zotero --> it comes as author name/year. How can I change that to number? Please see the below for reference.

The demand for esthetic restorations has increased dramatically over the past two decades. The search for new methods has been driven in part by patients who have increasingly high expectations in esthetic dentistry and concerns about the intraoral biocompatibility of metals(Giordano, 2006)

1. Giordano, R. (2006). Materials for chairside CAD/CAM–produced restorations. The Journal of the American Dental Association, 137, 14S-21S. https://doi.org/10.14219/jada.archive.2006.0397

• I did check the safari connector, it shows it's installed. However, it is not connecting to safari. I tried to re-insatll and restarted the system. Still nothing works. I'm not sure what I'm doing worng!!
  • You can change the citation style under "Document Preferences" in the Zotero tab in Word.

Someone else will have to troubleshoot the Safari connector issue -- I don't have a Mac here.
  • I tried to do under document preferences - I couldn't do it. With the old software I had done under document preferences -> had the option as footnotes/ how the bibliography was appearing. Now I'm not seeing those options.

Whom should I contact for troubleshooting safari issue?
  • I tried to do under document preferences - I couldn't do it.
    You really need to say more about what you're doing. You tried what specifically? E.g. you still haven't mentioned which citation style you want to use and which one you're selecting.

FWIW, this component of Zotero hasn't changed in any relevant way for many years. You're most likely just using a citation style that doesn't do what you want, but again, hard to say without more details.

Start a new discussion on Safari, please
  • Sorry for the confusion - I figured it out by choosing different style. Thanks. I will ask about safari in new discussion.