Zotero sync waiting for other operations to finish

Hi,

I have an issue with Zotero sync. Its now 21 hours since the last sync and it just keeps the sync arrow rotating forever. I cannot see anything special in debug output either.

Corresponding debug ID is D663078666

Cheers,

Marko
  • That just means you have a tab in your browser that still has the save popup up, which prevents syncing. The popup should generally close automatically after a few seconds, but if you switch between tabs or windows while it's open there's a chance it might not close properly. We'll try to make that more reliably, but just close that tab or click on the popup and then click back on the page and the sync should start.
  • Sorry, should have mentioned: its zotero standalone, not in plugin version
  • edited March 21, 2019
    @dstillman - it has managed to resolve itself (or you did something on your side).

Thank you very much!
  • edited March 21, 2019
    I understood the issue. It's exactly as I explain it above. You had a save popup open in Firefox, which prevents Zotero (the standalone version — there's no more browser version) from syncing. It does that to avoid syncing an item before you've had a chance to choose what library to save it to from the save popup.
  • I see! Thank you very much!