Reload the page to use this extension

I am using Chrome Version 73.0.3683.75 + Zotero Connector Version 5.0.54. When I click on the Zotero Extension it says, "Reload the page to use this extension" When I reload I don't get the option to save in a subcollection the reference is saved in the main library. Did I miss something?
  • When I click on the Zotero Extension it says, "Reload the page to use this extension"
    Are you getting this all the time, or just for pages you had open when you first installed the Zotero Connector? The latter is expected and not specific to Zotero.
    When I reload I don't get the option to save in a subcollection the reference is saved in the main library.
    What do you get, exactly? What does it say when you hover over the button, and what does it say in the save popup?
  • Thank you dstillman for your response. This is happening on a "fresh" loaded page. I get this all the time.

When I hover over the button say "save to Zotero (web page with snapshot) Wants access to this site.
  • edited March 21, 2019
    I would start by uninstalling the Zotero Connector and reinstalling it. What you're seeing isn't normal.
  • I have followed these steps and updated and reinstalled etc No change.
    Also, items not actually saving in library.
    I looked in extension settings and it says Zotero status unavailable
  • @SiMo7: Are you getting the message "Reload the page to use this extension", or something else? If something else, you should start a new thread and explain the actual problem you're experiencing.
  • yes i am getting 'refresh the page to use this extension', thank you
  • Did you uninstall the extension and reinstall it? What browser and version?

This would be a browser problem, not a Zotero problem — the Zotero Connector is just a standard browser extension — so the best we can suggest is to uninstall/reinstall and, if that doesn't help, create a new browser profile.