HELP! Hard disk Problems and Zotero Data

Hello everyone, I have a question. I have Zotero installed in my laptop and it is syncronized with Chrome. Here I have a library that I share with other 6 persons. My hard disk is failing and it will be repaired, however I was warned that it may return completely empty. Would that delete all my Zotero data or would this remain in my online account and I will be able to recover it just by installing Zotero again and syncronizing? I dont want to lose all my information, it is a lot of work. I made a backup of my Zotero directory, is that enough?
  • The answer is typically yes for both your questions:
    Yes, the data are stored online and syncing will restore it and yes, backing up the Zotero data directory is all you need to back up Zotero.

Two things to make extra sure:
    1) Double check that all your data and files are actually on the server by checking them online, here on the website (under My Library for your personal library, under "Groups" for groups).
    2) Make sure you're backing up the Zotero data directory: https://www.zotero.org/support/zotero_data (there's a Zotero profile directory which would be of no use as a back up)