Problem with inserting citation / citation update

Hi , i am meeting a problem with zotero :
Since yesterday, when i insert a new citation, it gives ot the nb (1), (2) etc nd does not follow the number of the existing citation in my thesis. + it does not show the reference of the new citation at the bottom of the word doc.
Moreover today, i have a message popping up: "Vous avez modifié cette citation depuis que Zotero l'a crée. Voulez-vous empêcher ces modifications et empecher de nouvelles jours ?"
"Cliquez sur OUI empêchera Zotero de mettre à jour cette citation (...) Cliquez sur NON effacera vos modifications"
whatever i do it ends up putting the new citation as if all the ones above did not exist and not indexing it to th existing bibliography ...

I am lost
Thanks for your help!
  • edited March 18, 2019
    when i insert a new citation, it gives ot the nb (1), (2) etc nd does not follow the number of the existing citation in my thesis.
    This generally happens when the file was saved in a different file format (.odt, Google Docs, etc.), possibly by someone you sent the file to. If you click Add/Edit Citation while over an existing citation, does it offer to edit the existing citation or try to insert a new one?

Do you have a backup of the file from when it last worked?