Customize Zotero Tab into Word ribbon

Hello everyone,

On Word : File > Options > Customize Ribbon, I don't see "Zotero" appear in the right pane of the Customize window. Is it normal ? I wish I could customize the Zotero Tab and mix it with other similar option.

I also have EndNote installed.

Thanks for your answers.

Win10 x64
  • You can see the individual Zotero commands in the All Commands list in the Customize Ribbon window. You can also edit the Zotero template file to change the buttons or put the group elsewhere (I move it to the References tab on my system).
  • Thank for your answer.

So if I understand correctly, I am the one who has a problem displaying the zotero command in the Customize Ribbon window.

Any idea why ?

About the Zotero template file, I assume you're talking about Zotero.dotm. I'm sorry but I'm really new in this, what do I have to do ?

Thanks again
  • No, the “Zotero” Group doesn’t appear in the window, but if you look under the All Commands list, you will see Add/Edit Citation, Refresh, and the other Zotero commands listed there.
  • @bwiernik would you care to explain how did you move the Zotero group to the references tab? I was able to make a tab with all the zotero macros in it + a macro to make citations a clickable hyperref (I obtained from https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/12431/word-possibility-to-link-references-and-bibliography-in-a-document/p3). The problem is that now I have two Zotero tabs (the "default" one installed with the add-on, and the custom one I added using "Customize Ribbon" in word options menu) and it looks rather ugly. I would like to either move the "default" Zotero group to the reference tab (as you mentioned you did) and delete the "default" Zotero tab, or add the macro I mentioned to the "default" Zotero tab.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. If necessary I'm using Zotero 5.0.93 + its word add-on for word 2016 on Windows 10.
  • @bwiernik I would also like to know how did you manage to edit the Zotero template file to achieve that.
    I can add the Zotero commands to their own group at "References" tab through the "Customize the Ribbon" window, but I can not remove the Zotero tab that is created by default with the plugin's installation.