Zotero 5.0 stand alone wont function whatsoever

redownloaded 4 times now and since I have 5.0, it wont let me download and open 4.0.
  • We can't help without more details. What isn't working? What is happening?
  • It wont let me use any functions, cant even drag a .pdf into the program
  • https://www.zotero.org/support/reporting_problems

At least please say what operating system and the version, what browser and the version.
  • MacOS Mojave 10.14.1
    Zotero 5.0 (standalone version) but I use chrome as my browser but i dont use zotero chrome plug in
  • We really need a full description of the problem to be able to say anything useful. Obviously Zotero generally works on Mojave, so this is a specific error we need to troubleshoot.
    As per the link posted by DWL, we'd need you to provide steps to reproduce. E.g. for the PDF: Where are you dragging the PDF from? Where to exactly? What exactly happens when you try (nothing, crash, error message?)? Can you submit an error report ID?
    What other functions don't work?
  • literally not a single function works, ive redownloaded and installed three times. im trying to upload a .pdf from the desktop by dragging it onto zotero but since not a single function works or button, I cant do anything. Works just fine on my other mac, just not the one im currently using
  • See the page DWL linked to above. For us to be able to help you, we'll need you to provide the specific information we ask for there.
  • @kriskoskela What language do you speak fluently?

If you can follow this link, and use the recorder tool it would fix the problem. https://www.imore.com/screenshot-mac#screenshot

--
    Press Command + Shift + 5 on your mac to bring up the screenshot toolbar.
    Click either Record Entire Screen or Record Selected Portion. Your recording will begin immediately if you select Record Entire Screen.
    Once you took the pictures, please upload them to any legitimate website.

Let me know if I can assist you, with providing the needed information. I am multi-lingual and would be more than happy to help.

Julien Tremblay McLellan