Web: Trash should not be visible on non-publicly-editable libraries

On zotero.org, libraries can be publicly visible, but 'Library Editing' can be made private. When this is the case, unauthorized users should not be able to see the Trash - it feels like this ought to be a feature available only to those with editing privileges.
  • What's the concern here -- I assume this would be possible, but require additional constraints and I don't really see why bother.
  • When an item has been assigned to the Trash, it presumably means that the editor no longer wants it to appear in the library (it was added mistakenly, it was a duplicate, etc). Allowing non-editors to see the item in the Trash defeats the purpose of having a Trash.

Further, since non-editors don't have the ability to restore things out of the trash, it's not a useful or actionable interface for them.

I agree that it would require some additional internal logic in the web app. Arguably it's not a huge deal (I guess this is what you mean by "why bother) but it also feels as if it'd align better with the meaning of 'public' or 'private' libraries.