Unable to Capture Anything with Zotero Chrome Connector

Hello, I and others across my institution are currently unable to capture citations using the Zotero Connectors in Chrome.

Basically, any library catalog I go to (our local catalog, library of congress, CLIO - Columbia), the icon that Zotero produces is the greyed out (not active) and when I click on it, the item gets captured as a webpage without any citation information.

Refreshing Chrome does not help. I'm getting multiple calls about this. Is there a fix?
  • It's obviously not a general issue (or there would be dozens of posts and by now a sticky thread here), so you'll have to run through https://www.zotero.org/support/troubleshooting_translator_issues and provide the requested information if the initial steps don't help.
  • Thanks, I'll try your steps and report back.
  • I am having a similar problem. Zotero captures everything as a Web Page and does not capture any publication information (author, publisher, date). This happens no matter where I'm trying to get the information (e.g., Amazon, library, publisher website). I have looked at ALL of the troubleshooting tips mentioned above: browser up to date, Zotero and Chrome extension up to date, everything de-installed and re-installed multiple times, etc. Please help!!
  • See the steps again — if you follow them all, you'll see that you need to provide more information to debug further (but it's exceedingly rare for a problem across all sites not to be fixed by one of those steps).