Inappropriate HTML tags in title

Hi,

I have noticed that in some sites when a title contains, for example italics, the HTML tags for the italics are saved in the title. This is pretty much universally inappropriate ;o)

An example is from here: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/121537740/abstract where the title gets parsed as "<I>pMesogenin1</I> and <I>2</I> function directly downstream of <I>Xtbx6</I> in <I>Xenopus</I> somitogenesis and myogenesis".

I am using Zotero 1.0.10 in firefox 3.0.11 on a PC running WindowsXP professional.
  • Just a note that the markup is also contained in the exported file. The file specification predates HTML & I'd expect that most reference managers to import it according to the spec (garbage in->garbage out).

Zotero will eventually have rich text support. When this is added, it'd probably be reasonable to try to parse the HTML included in the export file.

Until it does, I don't know if Zotero SHOULD really just strip this information (since it could be used at some future date). A case could be made either way, I think.

Ideally, Wiley's files would conform to the spec (although the spec for the format they use lacks a mechanism to convey rich text).