Synching edited PDFs with WebDAV

Hey everyone,

I'm synching everything I have with my WebDAV. However, I also noticed that Zotero is still keeping local copies (which wouldn't be necessary since my WebDAV is my snyched owncloud). When I'm opening a PDF file, it opens the locally stored file - if I then save it with highlighted text etc., it's only saved on the local drive. But I would Zotero to open the WebDAV version instead so that the saved version is synched again.
Is that possible?
Best
  • However, I also noticed that Zotero is still keeping local copies (which wouldn't be necessary since my WebDAV is my snyched owncloud).
    It's necessary — otherwise you wouldn't be able to open a PDF file in a local program. There are plans for better handling of downloaded files, though (e.g., to set a limit on how much space is used for locally cached files).
    if I then save it with highlighted text etc., it's only saved on the local drive. But I would Zotero to open the WebDAV version instead so that the saved version is synched again.
    When you make changes to a file, Zotero will upload the modified version on the next sync.