I/O Error Syncing - ID 672057302

I keep getting the following error when I try to sync:

Error(s) encountered during statement execution: disk I/O error [QUERY: DELETE FROM fulltextWords WHERE wordID NOT IN (SELECT wordID FROM fulltextItemWords)] [PARAMS: ] [ERROR: disk I/O error]

I have tried to check the database integrity but it does not generate any kind of report. I have disabled add-ons and tried clearing my storage on the zotero server. I am not trying to sync attachments--just the references.

My hard drive seems to be fine otherwise. I have also tried to use the database tool.

Dan
  • Yeah, this is a pretty fundamental disk error -- is this the main hard drive or do you have the Zotero data folder on an external or network drive?
  • It is on a hard drive in a relatively new Lenovo. So there is a problem with my hard drive?
  • That's the error that Zotero is getting, but while that's certainly possible, it's not super likely that this is actually a broken HD if you're not seeing any other issues, especially on a newish computer. I'd see if temporarily disabling security software (for testing only, of course) has an effect. Maybe someone else has other ideas.
  • We almost never see this anywhere other than on network drives or in server-mounted locations on the local drive in institutional settings. It'd be unusual for security software to cause this, but that'd still be the first thing to try.
  • I got a different I/O error when I tried to rebuild the index. I also tried on a university wifi connection and got the same message. The weird thing is that I got it to sync a little over a week ago.
    I have tried adjusting permissions/read and write access to the entire Zotero directory but those changes always revert back.
  • This wouldn't have anything to do with the network connection. There's some issue with security software or permissions on your system that you'll need to debug. This is an error from outside Zotero, and unfortunately there's nothing we can do about it.