Syncing questions

I hope that this forum can help with a few syncing questions.

When I log onto Zotero website, the system says that I am at 99% of quota. I don't understand why that is or how to correct it. In preferences, I have both file syncing boxes unchecked However, I have "sync full-text content" checked. Could anyone explain what "sync full-text content" and how I can reduce my storage.

I have two Zotero installs (a Mac and work and a Mac at home). I looked in the data directory on one Mac, and it had a few folders with PDFs. I removed them from those directories, but it didn't change my storage usage. I looked in the data directory on my other Mac, and PDFs were located there. They weren't the same PDFs, and file syncing is off in both locations.

I don't want to store PDFs in Zotero. Can anyone tell me how to prevent Zotero from downloading PDFs into its storage folder? (I store PDFs in other locations.

Thanks in advance.
  • Is there any reason you're concerned about the 99% storage quota that's used? I'm guessing you synced files previously, but if you have file sync turned off, this will have absolutely no effect on you (I would leave sync full text content on, since otherwise local full-text search won't work for all files and just like other metadata, it doesn't count against your storage quota).

If you really want to get ride of the number online, you can use the Purge storage button.

There's an option in the general tab of the Zotero preferences to not download & attach PDFs

• Thank you! I was just afraid that I might go over quota. You have answered all of my questions.