multiple tabs opening in conjunction with firefox

Hi there,

This is a new issue since I have been using zotero and firefox on my current device for a while with no issues. But the other day, suddenly I cannot open article from, or save articles to, my firefox account because when I try to so this, multiple tabs open in rapid succession in firefox and continue until I shut down both firefox and zotero. If I just close firefox then it automatically reopens and starts opening multiple tabs one after other again.

Steps that make this happen:

double clicking on a document in my library, OR using the document icon in the firefox tool bar to save a new article. Both of these actions have the same result.

I can take my laptop to university support services Tues next week but I really need to resolve this before then if possible.
  • Try disabling any other extensions you have installed in Firefox. Saving items from the Zotero Connector and opening snapshots from Zotero don't really have anything to do with one another on a technical level, and no one else has reported this, so it's very unlikely that anything in Zotero itself would be causing this.
  • Thank you but I don't have any other extensions in Firefox. Do you have any other ideas? I can use firefox without Zotero, and I can open Zotero without firefox, but when I try to do the things that link them thats when it goes wrong. Can I disable the extension and then re-download / enable it? Is doing this likely to help and will it cause any compllications?
  • Okay, I just disabled the zotero extension in firefox then tried opening a file from Zotero on my desktop. When I selected Chrome it opened that article in a new tab just fine, but the next one I clicked on opened up firefox and the tab issue started again.
  • FIXED! Did a firefox refresh through their website to clear memory of previous tabs and seems to have done the trick