Nothing/Blank After clicking on 'edit' for an item in my library

I have tried both Chrome and Firefox logins to my group library. The 'edit' button is clickable, but then renders the screen blank. I want to edit the default meta-data (because Zotero was unable to pull it in correctly).

I have also tried this on the standalone version; but there it appears that there is not even an edit button.

Please help.
  • You don't need an edit button in Standalone. You can just click on the fields you want to edit and do so (unless I'm misunderstanding the problem). Obviously you shouldn't be getting blank screens online either, but editing online is a pain, so I'd focus on Standalone.

Which version are you on?
  • Thank you so much for getting back to me.

I've got the most up-to-date installations (as of a few days ago): version 5.0 for windows and I'm using Firefox as my browser online with the Firefox connector installed.

1) I was looking for a way to edit in standalone because their were no editable fields. Then I realized that in Zotero you have to first create the fields "generate parent". This isn't part of the workflow in other systems that I'm used to and it was completely off my radar. I can make do without the online editing capabilities now that I know how to maneuver it in the standalone, so I feel like this is resolved.

3) I do have a second unresolved problem when trying to use Zotero within google docs. Inside google docs (within the Firefox browser) the Zotero menu is available and drops down; but clicking on "edit/add citation" does zilch. I've tried refreshing. Closing and re-opening the browser. I've checked for windows being hidden behind other windows. It's like the button just doesn't work at all. Any advice?

-Donna
  • For 3) Have you tried disabling all other Firefox add-ons (for testing), restarting Firefox and see if that helps?
  • That worked! This is a big improvement...now I hope when I re-enable my (few but essential) add-ons it doesn't break! Fingers crossed. Thank you!