Is it possible to adjust settings for row contrast?

edited February 1, 2019
I'm using the 2-column stacked view. The rows of the listing of records (middle pane) in a collection are shaded light-grey vs. no shading. When a record is selected the shading becomes somewhat darker. This is very nice on my lower resolution monitor but as monitor resolution increases it appears that the contrast between the selected light-grey and non-selected light-grey rows becomes quite subtle.

edit:
Is it possible to make changes to the contrast or grey-scale or perhaps to have a selected record (row) be a color highlight such as in the blue shading in the 3-column example on the Zotero home page? As I recall this blue highlight used to be the standard appearance for the selected row in the active window.

See image:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/omni6v07cv49yl5/Screenshot 2019-02-01 12.05.39.png?dl=0

Zotero version: 5.0.61-beta.8+c2a637472
iMac: 27-inch (2560 x 1440) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB graphics
Mac OS 10.14.2 (18C54)
  • The homepage screenshot is the current behavior. You get the dark blue on the selected row when that pane has focus. When another pane has focus, as in your screenshot, it's a shade of gray, a little bit darker than the alternating rows. (I agree that it's not ideal when you have an odd row selected, but it is standard Mozilla tree styling, so you'll see the same thing in the Firefox bookmarks manager or in Thunderbird. It also matches what Finder does, though Finder doesn't have alternating rows. We can reevaluate this, but probably not until a redesign.)